Yoga in Turkey: Our top choices
» Here is our selection of the best yoga retreats, yoga holidays and yoga teacher trainings in Turkey «
Turkey is a treasure trove of relics of the Greek, Byzantine and Ottoman empires, spread across a diverse range of fabulous settings: the beaches of the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts, the ancient ruins of Ephesus and architectural splendours of Istanbul, and surprising landscapes like the limestone caves of Cappadocia. This is also a fashionable gathering place for yoga enthusiasts where yoga retreats and yoga holidays are held every year in the most stunning surroundings. Salute the sun each morning at one of the many spectacular beachside resorts, or experience the rejuvenating power of a yoga retreat high in the beautiful Dalaman mountains. The yogi planning a trip to Turkey has many retreat and workshop possibilities to choose from in a variety of spectacular backdrops.
Huzur Vadisi, located in a strikingly beautiful mountain setting, is perhaps the most popular venue in Turkey for international yoga retreats and yoga holidays. The yoga retreats here are of a high quality and led by a variety of different teachers from around the world, some of whom include the biggest names of the yoga world. The yoga retreat season runs from April to October when days are sunny and dry.
There are ample opportunities to combine yoga holidays and yoga retreats with activities like trekking, snorkelling and scuba diving, horse riding and sometimes even artistic pursuits like creative writing.
The best times of the year to visit Turkey are in the spring and autumn when temperatures are pleasantly warm but not too hot. The beach season on the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts runs from May to September.
- What we love
- The stunning natural beauty of the country and generous Turkish hospitality.
- Turkish cuisine is varied and delicious
- The many fabulous opportunities for sightseeing and beach hopping
- What to know
- Many foreign nationals require a visa which can be obtained at the airport on arrival
- Women are advised to dress modestly (cover shoulders and legs) in public places
- Popular retreats sell out quickly so plan in advance
- Why go
- To have the chance to perform beachside sun salutations to the rising sun
- A holiday in Turkey is a very affordable option
- Many charter flights connect European cities to destinations in Turkey
»Peaceful valley«Yoga style: Ashtanga, Hatha, Bikram / Hot, Sivananda, Vinyasa, IyengarYoga offer: Yoga retreatsLocation: Turkey > Göcek
»7 Pounds in 7 Days with Jason Vale, The Juice Master«Yoga style: HathaYoga offer: Yoga retreatsLocation: Turkey > Göcek