Yoga in France: Our top choices
» Here is our selection of the best yoga retreats, yoga holidays and yoga teacher trainings in France «
France is the top tourist destination in the world, attracting close to 80 million visitors each year. It offers an incredible diversity of landscapes: the majestic mountains of the Alps and Pyrenees, the beaches of the Côte d’Azur, the lavender fields of Provence, the châteaux of the Loire Valley, the rustic villages of the South and the splendor of the city of Paris are some of its best known images.
Yoga is extremely popular in France and it has become a top yoga holiday destination where luxury yoga retreats are offered in stunning natural settings.
There are many well-established schools in France teaching a variety of yoga styles, with Iyengar, Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Sivananda and Kundalini being the most popular. Many of these schools organize summer yoga workshops and retreats, often in scenic settings like the French countryside or in seaside locations. The Iyengar Yoga Center in Paris organizes a well-known summer retreat for six weeks in the Drôme region of south-eastern France taught in English and French. There are also several yoga ashrams located in France following different styles of yoga philosophy and teaching.
During the summer months there are many boutique yoga retreats offering luxury yoga escapes in beautiful, uplifting settings like the French Alps or the rolling hills of Provence. Renowned yoga teachers from around the world are invited to be guest teachers during these exclusive workshops.
- What we love
- The magnificent diversity of its scenic landscapes
- The colourful markets and superb cuisine
- The many fabulous opportunities for hiking, cycling and other outdoor sports
- What to know
- Except for the yoga retreats designed for an international clientele, don’t assume yoga classes will be taught in English
- It may be a challenge to find a reasonably priced yoga retreat for those who are budget-conscious
- Retreats tend to book quickly – reserve early!
- Why go
- There are many different styles of yoga to choose from
- Classes are held in exceptional natural settings
- Most destinations in France are easily accessible, with good air and rail links
»Mediterranean yoga in France«Yoga style: Ashtanga, OtherYoga offer: Yoga retreatsLocation: France > Festes Et Saint André
»Yoga with a side of indulgent relaxation – Très chic «Yoga style: Other, Iyengar, Hatha, AshtangaYoga offer: Yoga retreatsLocation: France > Nonac